Thursday, April 9, 2009

Nine months old




It is hard to believe how quickly children grow, both physically and mentally. Hannah is now looking like a little person. She's getting ready to crawl, pushing herself up on her knees and swaying back and forth. She has backward scooting down pretty well, but going forward is still a foreign concept. Her fine motor control skills are developing well, as you can see from the video of her playing with "Bernard" the dinosaur. She also likes to play games like peekaboo and "bunny hop" jumping with Daddy. Right now her favorite foods are veggies. We really struggle to get her to eat fruits. I know, she's one unique little girl. She has entered the phase where she hates to be separated from Mom and Dad, making babysitting (and even nap time) a bit of a struggle.

For her nine month birthday present, and because last month I got a little more than usual from my private studio and could finally afford it, we got her a stationary entertainer. Usually, I'd plunk a child down on a blanket on the floor with toys, but because there's a cat in the house, I decided to bring the toys to her. This kind of a gym is also good for her to practice jumping on her own (the legs are equipped with springs for little jumpers). So far she really loves this new toy, and has happily spent 30 minutes sitting there while I am able to eat a meal without her on my lap.

No comments: