Saturday, February 28, 2009

Temptation #1

Ok. If you have never watched The Biggest Loser, here's how it used to work. (I don't think they do Temptations any more.) They put their morbidly obese contestants in a room with some kind of junk food they really love and make them deal with the temptation for a prize. For example, one week there was a token for $5000 hidden in mounds of jelly doughnuts. For each 30 seconds of time looking to find the token, the contestants each had to eat one doughnut. Another time they played poker with chocolate covered oreos and cookies and Ritz crackers as chips, players had to eat their ante, and the prize was rearranging the teams however the winner chose.

So... welcome to my temptation. My temptation is Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nut Clusters from Costco. They sit there in the cupboard calling my name 24 hours a day. (I am a total sucker for a combination of chocolate, caramel and nuts.) They are like a new version of the Turtle. Yummy, yummy, yummy!

Problem number one is that my temptation doesn't go away. If I eat them, they are refilled as soon as they are gone. (Everyone in the house loves them, and I am not the one buying the groceries.) Problem number two is that you can never be satisfied with just one. So then you eat one, and another one because it's just 100 more calories... and then do the same thing later that day. Problem number three is that I have no will power with junk foods. It's like alcoholism with sugars and fats.

I have yet to think of a suitable prize incentive for myself to overcome this particular temptation. I'd be very happy with suggestions. Especially since these little nuggets are not the only Temptation around the house.

No comments: